Exhaust tip opinions wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t there someone here that was messing around with some tips off of a Buick Enclave or something? They had an offset tapered shape that sort of matched the line of the rear bumper cover.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ultimately, it is your choice M1949. But since you were seeking opinions... One out each side, behind the rear wheels, is one of the best looking options IMHO. Some nice tips on there just really works for me. I am not here to sway you, but I like the suggestion made by jimweis.

Mine has single pipe to passenger side with a dual tip. That was the choice of the PO, when an aftermarket stainless (I believe this to be a Corsa Performance cat-back system) was installed. I like it and will keep it. I love the sound!

Here is video of my system... My hoe (the 04 Chevy) may not be the prettiest on the road, but I love her anyway.

And photos (pardon the winter grime)...
20220102_083303.jpg
20220102_083312.jpg

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Ok, so here is one of the exhaust tips I’m considering. It receives dual exhausts. You are welcome to give an opinion.
I actually like the look of that tip, it also matches the bumper imo. Did you get that tip custom made?
At one point I was going to do the center exhaust from the Camaro on my Yukon.

Attachments

• 20220102_093844.jpg
    20220102_093844.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I actually like the look of that tip, it also matches the bumper imo. Did you get that tip custom made?
At one point I was going to do the center exhaust from the Camaro on my Yukon.
Actually, that tip is off a sport version Honda Civic! We would need to modify the inlet to make it work, and I'm not sure there's enough room to do that. It would probably be easier and around the same price to have one made. I checked into using Camaro exhaust tips. But the inlet sets at an odd angle for my need.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Have you thought about doing exits through the lower portions of the bumper further outboard? Kinda like a side exit flange. I just don’t think they will ever look right crowded together in that small center area myself. I’m not sure if the angle down there is too much though. There are flanges that allow a tip to go through the center of them or one-piece tip/ flange combos.
View attachment 359412
View attachment 359413
I thought about going thru the bumper but as first glance it seemed too costly. If memory serves, the Escalade bumper is actually a bumper cover that fits over a heavy gauge steel bumper. I really don't want to get into the cost and possibly engineering to go thru that!

9C1C

Reaction score
As I look at the pics you put in the first post on this thread, I imagined the single piece cut in half and separated a few inches (making two ports that are still in the center area). I think that may look better than a single port.

Billy B

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got this tips from AUXITO on my yukon for over a year and it's been great! Installation is easy but you may need to fiddle with it a bit to get it on the exhaust, and you will def need to use a tool to get it on there, not just your hands. It is louder with the tip and pops more, compliments the muffler delete well. I'm sure it's going to add a lot of horsepower to my big yukon.
1667804604200.png