Exhaust Tip For 5.3L Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other question is whether or not the hanger location/setup is identical since it's not made for a 2015?

To see if they match up with the tip shown. Did I misread the post...

Last edited:

BlkYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the other models, yes you cut the pipe before the resonator. So you end up with a little different exhaust note.

OP
OP
T

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To see if they match up with the tip shown. Did I misread the post...

Unless you're posting a pic of a 2014 and older, I think you may have misread it. I'm looking for a 2015 compatible exhaust tips and the link someone posted shows that it fits up to 2013. My comment was whether or not the 2013/2014's have the same hanger location as the new body style 2015. Either way, thanks for assisting in the post.

OP
OP
T

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got ahold of SLP........man, their customer service sucks. I emailed them a week ago, never got a response, then I called and left a voicemail, never got a response. I finally reached someone today around lunch time and the answer I was given when I asked if their 2013 and older side exhaust exhaust tip resonator removal kit would fit was "we haven't had a vehicle to test in on since the new models came out".

Needless to say that's a terrible answer. I'll have to do some digging on the previous generation forum to see if the exhaust systems mount the same and/or if the exhaust from the previous generation has the same part numbers.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went round and round trying a few different tips before installing the factory tip. Pretty simple tip, but I think it gives it a nice touch.

I purchased two aftermarket tips on Amazon that didn't fit - they were:

Dynomax 36484 - according to Dynomax, this should fit. It does not, it's too small.

Dynomax 36474 - according to Amazon, this should fit. It does not, its to big around and too long.

GM 19156356 - according to Amazon, this doesn't fit the 2015 Tahoe 5.3L. It fits perfectly. Here's some pics:

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the same tip but for gmc yukon. It looks good!

Monkeyemano

Reaction score
Oh man. Im so sorry i posted that SLP thread. I have that on my 07 avalanche which is exact same as the nnbs 07 to 2014 tahoes and it works really well. I noticed your looking for the new 2015 side dump. I also have a 2015 tahoe and have searched far and wide for a side dump. All i can find is similar set ups to the callaway side dumps but nobody makes a kit as simple as the SLP ones that deletes the rear resonator. Corsa Sport exhaust makes a nice one http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/03...ystem-for-2015-chevrolet-tahoe-and-gmc-yukon/ which is the closest i can find to just cut off resonator and rebolt.

Monkeyemano

Reaction score
I just went round and round trying a few different tips before installing the factory tip. Pretty simple tip, but I think it gives it a nice touch.

I purchased two aftermarket tips on Amazon that didn't fit - they were:

Dynomax 36484 - according to Dynomax, this should fit. It does not, it's too small.

Dynomax 36474 - according to Amazon, this should fit. It does not, its to big around and too long.

GM 19156356 - according to Amazon, this doesn't fit the 2015 Tahoe 5.3L. It fits perfectly. Here's some pics:

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg
This looks sweet. I still would like to do dual black tips side dump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues