Exhaust question for 2500 owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a dual in and dual out flowmaster muffler on mine. The single outlet on OE system is a real restriction.

It doesn't impress me, either. This is why I suggested he run twin pipes. I'm hoping he'll not even look at other options to be lazy ;)

calsdad

Reaction score
I spent a lot of time looking at replacement exhaust candidates for my 2010 Yukon 2500 - and ended up just going to a local custom exhaust shop and having them do a replacement exhaust from the cat-back. I couldn't verify for 100% sure that any of the aftermarket stuff was going to fit (it really wasn't clear from reading online) , the factory stuff was mucho $$$ , and I also really wanted to have the tailpipe exhaust in a certain location - so that it would clear the rear spring shackle with enough space so that I could install some Sulastic shackles back there.

The muffler shop only charged like $650 , which was in the range of $300 - $450 cheaper than any of the other options I looked at.

I can't testify as to whether there's any good custom exhaust shops in your area - but it's an option I would definitely look into. I was hesistant at first - but the exhaust has worked out really well so far - and I didn't have to crawl under the truck to do it.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a lot of time looking at replacement exhaust candidates for my 2010 Yukon 2500 - and ended up just going to a local custom exhaust shop and having them do a replacement exhaust from the cat-back. I couldn't verify for 100% sure that any of the aftermarket stuff was going to fit (it really wasn't clear from reading online) , the factory stuff was mucho $$$ , and I also really wanted to have the tailpipe exhaust in a certain location - so that it would clear the rear spring shackle with enough space so that I could install some Sulastic shackles back there.

The muffler shop only charged like $650 , which was in the range of $300 - $450 cheaper than any of the other options I looked at.

I can't testify as to whether there's any good custom exhaust shops in your area - but it's an option I would definitely look into. I was hesistant at first - but the exhaust has worked out really well so far - and I didn't have to crawl under the truck to do it.

I'm not sure if he's even looked into this option. He's extremely busy being self-employed. He's not rich, but his time is definitely money so it might be "cheaper" for him to just drop it off somewhere and let it get handled while he focuses on his customers.

He's in Kansas and, apparently, they do the salt thing up there. So, I'd say there are an abundance of exhaust shops. Thanks for your perspective! I'll pass it along.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was completely redesigned. Like the LS motors very little can be used from the previous gen motor.
I think some of the gen 6 stuff like cams can be used with no to little problems. And headers too. Richard Holdener just did a series on the 8100... torque monster if you get around the GM nanny programs. Oh and like almost 900lbft at 8 or 9 psi lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons