Exhaust Mod Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect… and thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering about the 70 series. Turning 49 this year so comfort is taking over vs. cool!
I got the borla pro xs, when I got it originally the main goal was to be able to hear it when I turned the truck on, or when I got on it. Sadly it is still a little too loud for me. Sounds nice and loud on cold starts, while cruising below 2.2k rpms sounds stock. Above that oh boy it gets too loud in the cabin.and if you gas it, it will scream. I love the low rumble and crackles but its just a little tad too loud for me. Although I would say its way quieter than the flowmasters 40+ series I've heard on similar trucks. Gosh are those flowmasters loud. If I had to do it again I would probably get something just a little quieter and call it good.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can second MBRP. Mine sounds wonderful, outside -- I've gotten compliments from the least expected places -- and does not drone in cab (I've driven long distances in my truck -- 1200+ miles, for example).
I bought an MBRP stainless cat-back for my 05 Jeep Rubicon. Made the 4.0L inline six sound fantastic! It did not drone on the highway. I loved it.

My 04 Tahoe Z71 had a Corsa Performance stainless installed by a PO. WOW! LOVE that sound. Rumble on start up and stomping on it, then that classic "lub-lub" that resonates off retaining walls or vehicles next to you. Not obnoxious, but definitely a great V-8 sound! On the highway it does really well for inside noise. It is pretty quiet at highway speed. You don't have to yell to talk with people in the back rows.

They list for $1,500. Out of my price range, but I am glad the PO really had great taste and deep pockets!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the borla pro xs, when I got it originally the main goal was to be able to hear it when I turned the truck on, or when I got on it. Sadly it is still a little too loud for me. Sounds nice and loud on cold starts, while cruising below 2.2k rpms sounds stock. Above that oh boy it gets too loud in the cabin.and if you gas it, it will scream. I love the low rumble and crackles but its just a little tad too loud for me. Although I would say its way quieter than the flowmasters 40+ series I've heard on similar trucks. Gosh are those flowmasters loud. If I had to do it again I would probably get something just a little quieter and call it good.
Thanks for sharing. In the same boat here looking for something reasonable. Great to hear everyone’s input and experiences

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckner0121

Latest posts