Exhaust is happening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get it up any? (I know- "That's what she said")

Any chance your motor mounts are old and sagging and new ones would get it off the cross member?
Motor mounts? I loosened the connection on both ends, propped it up, tightened everything agian and have about 1/4" clearance. Just going to wait and see if it holds i guess

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But that bend is really in the wrong spot, pretty disappointing

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get it up any? (I know- "That's what she said")

Any chance your motor mounts are old and sagging and new ones would get it off the cross member?
I thought new rubber hangers might help

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motor mounts? I loosened the connection on both ends, propped it up, tightened everything agian and have about 1/4" clearance. Just going to wait and see if it holds i guess
It should hold. I ended up with about that on mine and it’s held.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

But that bend is really in the wrong spot, pretty disappointing

I thought new rubber hangers might help

No doubt the bend is too far forward. I was just mentioning another option that may contribute to the problem if you didn't have enough slack in the joints to get sufficient clearance. Those rubber exhaust hangers usually don't stretch much. Actually, I think they're a metal skeleton encased in rubber so the only sagging they could possibly have would be be a tiny bit where the metal rod/hook goes through.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda want to contact flowmaster and say wtf but it would probably just be a headache. I can make it work

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video and clean 2 door. Nice work man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons