Exhaust is happening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update the front end of the muffler contacts the frame makes a real nice rattling sound upon start up, you can actually feel throughout the truck. Gotta go under and dick around until i get some clearance somehow

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update the front end of the muffler contacts the frame makes a real nice rattling sound upon start up, you can actually feel throughout the truck. Gotta go under and dick around until i get some clearance somehow

Loosen that connection and a few up and downstream of it and see if it can be relaxed or pulled enough to clear? Or just bend a hanger rod(s) some.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loosen that connection and a few up and downstream of it and see if it can be relaxed or pulled enough to clear? Or just bend a hanger rod(s) some.
yes that the exact steps that went through my mind!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what I did when mine was doing that after I installed the headers, but I also stuck a prybar between the pipe and the crossmember it was vibrating on, then tightened everything back up before pulling the prybar out. It stayed in that position, maintaining the clearance.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I did when mine was doing that after I installed the headers, but I also stuck a prybar between the pipe and the crossmember it was vibrating on, then tightened everything back up before pulling the prybar out. It stayed in that position, maintaining the clearance.
good tip thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos