Exhaust Hanger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easiest and fastest would be to take a hammer to the top hanger mount and bend it down Dub, you know that......;)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can always go to a muffler shop and they can cut and weld the hanger so there’s more clearance.

OP
OP
Bob2C

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. All great ideas. Soo hard to choose which one. I might start with loosing the clamps on the two pipes behind the muffler then wedge a bar in between and then tighten then back up. If that doesn’t work I’ll try bending hanger a bit. Or I might just get the rubber hanger with various holes. I don’t need much. Maybe 1/16 inch if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. All great ideas. Soo hard to choose which one. I might start with loosing the clamps on the two pipes behind the muffler then wedge a bar in between and then tighten then back up. If that doesn’t work I’ll try bending hanger a bit. Or I might just get the rubber hanger with various holes. I don’t need much. Maybe 1/16 inch if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hammer

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
( Does not do it all the time)..... Could be torque from engine...... Maybe another hanger moves, making you 'think' it's that one?.....

.... Hammer..... That fixes nearly everything !!

Rocket Man has my vote...... Doesn't hurt to have a muffler shop re-check all the hangers / mounts. They have all the parts & can do it in 30 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2