Ex Canadian 2017 GMC Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily this wasn't the case, but I did have to get a GM Canada compliance letter to bring her over the border. Fun fact: Canada does not require the lighted passenger airbag On/Off illumination, thus I had to add a $60 bulb to comply. US Customs specifically asked to see the service record and the bulb working!

At least you were bringing in one of the easiest and cheapest vehices to import, (not price of course but for importation) Had you had the Yukon SLT or SLE trim, then the gage cluster would have needed to be swapped out as only the Digital speedo in the DIC would say MPH, even the temp gages on the heater/AC would have stayed Metric. With the uplevel dash cluster all readings turn into American Standard. I don't know about you guys but a Oil Pressure Gage that reads KPA is not natural, it should stay PSI as God Intended. Volvo18psi is right on the money about the FCA not allowing warranty, GM and Ford as well as Toyota , etc have also caught on and are now refusing warranty service. To get around this, the Brokers and their associate dealers are offering their own Long Term warranties, it remains to be seen how that will play out.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The speedo in the LS and LT Suburban/Tahoe (and hence SLE/SLT Yukon)does not need to be changed. It is dual and changes from MPH to KPH through the driver information center. If measurements are changed from English units to metric, the speedo and odometer change accordingly.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The speedo in the LS and LT Suburban/Tahoe (and hence SLE/SLT Yukon)does not need to be changed. It is dual and changes from MPH to KPH through the driver information center. If measurements are changed from English units to metric, the speedo and odometer change accordingly.

Agreed... All I was saying however was, the speedo was the only thing that changes in the Midlevel cluster, the rest stays metric, while uplevel cluster, everything changes. In fact when I rented my 2018 Yukon XL with SLT trim, even though the Speedo in the DIC changed to English, the Odo stayed as KM. But most cars that I have had do that, only on my Caddy STS did it change everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT