EVAP Charcoal Canister Removal Modification

esoteric_ast

Reaction score
Gas pump shuts off so many times while filling that I hate pumping gas. Going to have to replace and clean all that crap out. What a junk setup. The vids on youtube show the mess that they make.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, mine would either fill extra slow or not at all... stopping after a gallon or so. I replaced the entire evap system and gas cap for good measure. Problem solved. I did the work myself, so it wasn't costly. My trucks an '08 with 210k on the clock. Hope that helps you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

about how much

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall I spent less than $60 and about 30 minutes for all parts. Watch for the adapter for the canister and vent valve. Mine said it didn’t come with it but it did so I have an extra.

shartymcqueef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For some reason I couldn’t find anything on the internet about how to fix this problem at home without buying new parts… so here ya go, hope this helps someone:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Fless

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I couldn’t find anything on the internet about how to fix this problem at home without buying new parts… so here ya go, hope this helps someone:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Beware, Newbie on the loose, diggin' up old threads and recommending hack jobs.

THarber

Reaction score
When you tune out the evap error code, all you're doing is eliminating the code, not the problem. If after replacing the canaster, valve and solenoid you still have the problem, look at the top of the gas tank for a collapsed fitting. The only way you can get the tank to fill is the allow the air trapped in the tank to escape. Removing the canister will just allow fuel to spill on the ground when you fill it up. You can remove the evap line from the tank and run a new line up the the top of the filler neck and then cap it off with the same little plastic device that you use on a rear end vent. The only issue is it will always smell like fuel.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stekun