Ethanol Free Gasoline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Lets not forget how well it cleans/keeps clean the carbon in the combustion chamber

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a side note i use ethanol free premium from the marina in my 35 donzi zf ehich has older 2 stroke mercs and i add stabil for winter storage. This is 92 octane ( engines req 90) so a little added protection.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with that setup the octane rating would be about 95 and alcohol content between 12% and 19%. The engine will make more power, run cooler, be more responsive, get better mileage, etc. You ought to run some through your motor sometime.

Ill try this on the next several tanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never heard that before how many tanks ?

I've experienced mine stabilizing performance wise after the 4th or 5th tank on straight E85 before. Each tankful was getting higher and higher with regards to alcohol content too. In addition, mine seems to be always re-analyzing what's in the tank and adjusting the alcohol content, even if just a percent or two when the same fuel is in the tank for a week or four.

What would be the ratio for a 31 gallon tank?

Well, my light comes on when there's still 5 gallons on board so I figure for 26 gallons usually. So if yours is similar 22 and 4. The final numbers depend on what the remnant is too and I take that into account as well. The numbers wouldn't be as high is we were pouring that mix on top of 87 that was still in the tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low