Escalade wheel upgrade on 2021 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
My tires were wearing low so I started shopping for new wheels and came across this set locally with nearly new factory Alenzas. Not my favorite tires but was priced well enough. These are takeoffs from an Escalade sport and replaced the disgusting OEM HC chrome/silver wheels on the Tahoe. I'm debating the full blackout package, but I kind of like how it looks now. Except for the pinstripes that I absolutely hate.
20220628_224101925_iOS.jpg021

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

If you don’t like the pinstripe take it off now before the fade in the paint is noticeable. When fresh they’re easier to take off in 1 piece. Shouldn’t need anything more than your fingernail to remove and 3M GP Adhesive Cleaner (the one in the quart) to safely remove the residue left behind.

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Looks good.

If you don’t like the pinstripe take it off now before the fade in the paint is noticeable. When fresh they’re easier to take off in 1 piece. Shouldn’t need anything more than your fingernail to remove and 3M GP Adhesive Cleaner (the one in the quart) to safely remove the residue left behind.
I wanted to remove them last year and thought it might be too late by now. Might give it a go and can always cover with black pinstripe if I need to

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be too bad, a compound/polish afterwards helps blend it in.

Depends on how particular you are, one of those things nobody will ever notice but it’s the only thing you ever look at when you walk up to the vehicle because you know it’s there.

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
I am very particular about that sort of thing lol. Just like the Cadillac centercaps that I popped out. I ordered Chevy ones and they were supposed to arrive yesterday and are still not here. I am leaving for a road trip tomorrow morning so looks like I'll be without them all weekend.

SCiesie154

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Angelo
It may look kinda cool when you peel the pinstripe off. I peeled mine off after a couple years and it looked like a ghost stripe, only to be seen in certain lights and light angles. I actually got compliments about it.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little elbow grease, a microfiber towel, and some "Goo-Be-Gone" will take care of that pinstripe... Unless it's painted on, then you're screwed.

CaptainMurray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

3M Stripe Off Wheel Adhesive Remover Eraser Wheel Removes Decals, Stripes, Vinyl, Tapes and Graphics 4” diameter x 5/8” thick 3/8-16 threaded mandrel 07498 Amazon has it for $38.

This will do a great job of removing it and the glue. Just go slow, not a lot of pressure and do it outside as it will spin the residue off the 3M wheel.

sanman28

Reaction score
A little elbow grease, a microfiber towel, and some "Goo-Be-Gone" will take care of that pinstripe... Unless it's painted on, then you're screwed.
I had a 96' jeep grand cherokee....red with gold pin stripes. Had them wet sanded off. Thankfully have not seen painted stripes since then. Usually the pin stripes are a dealer add-on.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pinstripes off. Pretty close to a black out right now if you choose that direction. Would complement the black gloss wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9