Escalade Vs Denali Vs Tahoe Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a platinum Escalade cluster, the non platinum ones the rings are just painted silver

On the Escalades I've run into, the 03-04 model years have the painted silver gauge rings, and all 05-06 model years have the chrome looking gauge rings. Subtle changes and differences between 03-4 & 05-6. My personal preference is the 05-06 cluster.

One more minor change is 06 is a one year only cluster with PRND21 being printed on the cluster overlay face when GM went away from the LCD gear selector screen.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The platinum package was available on the SWB Escalades, 2004-2006 jsut like the ESV. But they’re pretty few and far between on the SWB. I’ve only seen a handful of them in the wild over they years that I could see the interior on had the platinum edition interior. See a lot of non platinums with the specific 20 inch wheels rolling though. In fact yesterday I was at the Anaheim pick n pull LKQ yard on Orange County, as I needed to return another part and then Friday a 2004 ESV rolled in so I checked it out. In the online photos it had platinum 20s but by looking at the interior I could tell it was a base model and the saw it in person. Lol. Only had one of the wheels left. I almost grabbed it as a spare but decided not to.

several upgrades besides the ones mentioned above. The front grille insert was all chrome instead of the non smooth grey plastic inserts. Two rear dvd plays, one over each rear row. It was only offered with mid row buckets and both mid row buckets were heated AND cooled just as the front bucket seats were. Pretty awesome for a 2006 Lux SUV. Not even Benz was offering that in their vehicles yet. At least from what I’ve seen. While it’s minor the steering wheels in the platinum Escalades were the same ones used in the Denali edition envoy, the darker redwood finish in the grips and then little chrome rings on either side of the wood grain grips where the wood meets the leather. Where as the non platinum caddies just had wood grain grips stopping at leather.
I saw that one pop up in Anaheim and thought Platinum when I saw the wheels as well. But as you noted, it is a standard Escalade with the platinum wheels. I'd like to take a dive into the seats again when the next one filters thru a junkyard, and try to figure out how to wire them up outside of a Platinum Escalade. With enough time and sticking with it, the wiring should be able to be figured out as I would imagine the seat controller and seats must have a 12v+ and ground to start with.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The platinum package was available on the SWB Escalades, 2004-2006 jsut like the ESV. But they’re pretty few and far between on the SWB. I’ve only seen a handful of them in the wild over they years that I could see the interior on had the platinum edition interior. See a lot of non platinums with the specific 20 inch wheels rolling though. In fact yesterday I was at the Anaheim pick n pull LKQ yard on Orange County, as I needed to return another part and then Friday a 2004 ESV rolled in so I checked it out. In the online photos it had platinum 20s but by looking at the interior I could tell it was a base model and the saw it in person. Lol. Only had one of the wheels left. I almost grabbed it as a spare but decided not to.

several upgrades besides the ones mentioned above. The front grille insert was all chrome instead of the non smooth grey plastic inserts. Two rear dvd plays, one over each rear row. It was only offered with mid row buckets and both mid row buckets were heated AND cooled just as the front bucket seats were. Pretty awesome for a 2006 Lux SUV. Not even Benz was offering that in their vehicles yet. At least from what I’ve seen. While it’s minor the steering wheels in the platinum Escalades were the same ones used in the Denali edition envoy, the darker redwood finish in the grips and then little chrome rings on either side of the wood grain grips where the wood meets the leather. Where as the non platinum caddies just had wood grain grips stopping at leather.

I saw that one pop up in Anaheim and thought Platinum when I saw the wheels as well. But as you noted, it is a standard Escalade with the platinum wheels. I'd like to take a dive into the seats again when the next one filters thru a junkyard, and try to figure out how to wire them up outside of a Platinum Escalade. With enough time and sticking with it, the wiring should be able to be figured out as I would imagine the seat controller and seats must have a 12v+ and ground to start with.
Yeah I’m thinking I’ll just tap into 12V somewhere to power the controller and run the controller wires to the seats and then add in the heat/cool air module into my seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu