Escalade Tail Light Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you score roof rack rails and cross-bars?

I measured my wife's 2004 Tahoe and the roof rack mounting locations appear to be the same as the NBS. Wished I knew if they were interchangeable. Sure would increase the availability of an Esky rack. :)

I have a roof rack from an nbs esky on my nnbs tahoe. YES they are interchangeable and a direct bolt on replacement.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Thanks for the tip , actually I already have the lights . I got the lights , corner vents , 3rd light , rear bumper and top roof rack rails with the cross bars for 1100, so I couldnt let that offer go . I'm just waiting on my Hopkins 48845 , harness ( so I won't cut the stock tail lights ) and RL-650: Tail Light Load Resistor kit . I read multiple threads and have the 2007 escalade to 2007 tahoe electrical Schematic . I know it's pretty strait forward but pictures are always great to see =) .

Wow that's not a bad deal for all that stuff. I've been slowly buying all of it piece by piece and my bank account is not happy with me.

rosendo192000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installation DONE:

Esky Rear Bumper W/ Hitch Cover
Esky TailLights
Esky Top corner vent pillars
Esky 3rd BrakeLight
Esky Roof Rack W/ Cross rails

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299028133.878599.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299028133.878599.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 176
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299028153.708952.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299028153.708952.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 142

bp21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installation DONE:

Esky Rear Bumper W/ Hitch Cover
Esky TailLights
Esky Top corner vent pillars
Esky 3rd BrakeLight
Esky Roof Rack W/ Cross rails

Looks awesome! I have a 09 Yukon that I want to put the esky tail lights and 3rd break light! Is there any way u could send me how u did all that?

Thanks,

Bobby

MarqieMark1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hell of a job!!

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Looks awesome! I have a 09 Yukon that I want to put the esky tail lights and 3rd break light! Is there any way u could send me how u did all that?

Thanks,

Bobby

ME TOO Plz.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

It's a lot cheaper and easier to get a pair of Eagle Eyes. They're plug and play and you won't need the Esky D-pillar applique.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did the swap last week on my 08 Yukon. Everything worked perfect. Until I was driving behind my truck one day and noticed the turn signals on the esky tail light and my dl3 mirror don't match up only when the brake is pressed. So if the brake is pressed the blinking is opposite but as soon as I left off the brake they sync back up and everything is fine. Is this normal? The turn signal clicker inside the truck still clicks just like normal.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.350182,-119.049502

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Yes it is. Minee does that with the OEM Esky Tails. Doesn't bother me. I kinda like the way it does it. But it is only when brake is pressed.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it doesnt bother me at all. i was just making sure i didnt mess up any of the wiring, because the white and black wires to the resistors got a little confusing. speaking of the resistors i riveted the resistors to the tail lamp pocket behind the actual light. and wrapped the wires that were close with aluminum tape to protect the heat. i can put pictures up if someone would like. its just a different way than mountin it underneath the truck exposing it to the elements. next up is the 3rd brake light. probably next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans