Escalade Tail Light Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this too. It's normal :waytogo:
i don't think so it's feeding back power in the system this can't be good for the wires needs a diode to solve it this will prevent unwanted energizing on the wires it created a multi path ground... at some point something was to use this path it could cause damage to the wires or popped fuse , popped BCM..

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this time may be worth just picking up a set off eBay or from another user here since they make 3rd party tails now.
i see the 3rd party leds on the road, they suck badly there is very little difference in brightness from braking or running lights..

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't think so it's feeding back power in the system this can't be good for the wires needs a diode to solve it this will prevent unwanted energizing on the wires it created a multi path ground... at some point something was to use this path it could cause damage to the wires or popped fuse , popped BCM..
Well, mine's been doing it for over 7 years now and nothing has popped, blown up, caught fire or burnt out so I don't think any "damage" is being done.

BG1988 theory = false :party33:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, mine's been doing it for over 7 years now and nothing has popped, blown up, caught fire or burnt out so I don't think any "damage" is being done.

BG1988 theory = false :party33:
it's your suv, just gotta wait tell something finds it as the path of lest resistance. didoes are cheap so why not? you can even salvage some out of a old broken electronics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal