Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hattie2879

Reaction score
To get both those options to work, you’ll need to swap door harnesses with ones I make, add a harness inside the cabin and swap in the correct power fold switch.

Basically, it grabs those missing circuits from the BCM, X61A junction block, etc. and brings them to the doors. Then carries them to the mirrors.

I hope that answers your question. I am working on an install video showing what’s involved in landing the terminated wires and swapping the door harnesses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The switch is the easy part, it's the harnesses that are tricky to me. But I'd be willing to get what I need from you if you've got the time, etc.

Looking forward to the install video. Thanks!!

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To get both those options to work, you’ll need to swap door harnesses with ones I make, add a harness inside the cabin and swap in the correct power fold switch.

Basically, it grabs those missing circuits from the BCM, X61A junction block, etc. and brings them to the doors. Then carries them to the mirrors.

I hope that answers your question. I am working on an install video showing what’s involved in landing the terminated wires and swapping the door harnesses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I have existing heated/folding mirrors will still need a new switch? 2016 Tahoe

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I have existing heated/folding mirrors will still need a new switch? 2016 Tahoe

You won’t need a new switch if you already have folding mirrors. Do your mirrors also have the turn signal in the glass and the auto-dim feature as well as the puddle lamp? If so, those should be DL3 mirrors.

If that’s the case, the Escalade mirrors will be a direct swap. No other harnesses or switch needed.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won’t need a new switch if you already have folding mirrors. Do your mirrors also have the turn signal in the glass and the auto-dim feature as well as the puddle lamp? If so, those should be DL3 mirrors.

If that’s the case, the Escalade mirrors will be a direct swap. No other harnesses or switch needed.
Curious if you got be cameras to work..... lotsa pages in this thread to go back through:)

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with DL8 mirrors (heated and power glass only), I’ve found a factory Escalade mirror without the blind spot feature. You can now enjoy the larger surface area with the additional DL3 features and not have the blind spot indicator in the glass.

I can order these new from my supplier and have them drop shipped to you. Keep in mind you’ll need the mirror caps as well(I can also provide) and they will need to be painted.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if you got be cameras to work..... lotsa pages in this thread to go back through:)

I have not looked into it further. I did see where a member had a shop splice into them when they installed an Echomaster type camera system. They have a fisheye type view. You’d have to decide if that’d be acceptable.

In short, the wiring can be done. You’d have to determine the interface module you want to use.

akaTrauma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those with DL8 mirrors (heated and power glass only), I’ve found a factory Escalade mirror without the blind spot feature. You can now enjoy the larger surface area with the additional DL3 features and not have the blind spot indicator in the glass.

I can order these new from my supplier and have them drop shipped to you. Keep in mind you’ll need the mirror caps as well(I can also provide) and they will need to be painted.
How much are the mirrors? I have an LS with no mirror options. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11