Escalade Roof Rack and How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ive finally got them painted and installed. Had them color matched and Cleared.
picture.php

Sanded and ready for paint
picture.php

picture.php

Freshly painted
picture.php

picture.php

Fully assembled.

Ok now the how to.
there are 5 bolts per side. 2 on the front end, 2 on the rear and one in the middle. They are a T25 torx Bit. Once unbolted, the whole Rail is Ready to come off. Save all the bolts, your going to reuse them. Repeat for other side.
picture.php

picture.jpg
picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Now is a good time to Clean the area under the old roof rack. I ended up washing and Buffing those areas. Some of the outlines can still be seen but its on top and im not to worried about it.

Now for the install.

The endcaps on the esky racks are held in by a clip. Pry up on them and set them aside.
picture.jpg
There is a anchor nut that you need to install. I had ordered them from Gmpartsdirect.com and they got me in shipping. Here is the part number so maybe you can get them from the dealer cheaper. I paid like 30 bucks for 2 and shipping.
picture.jpg
Take one of the Bolts you removed from the original Racks and put in through the nut and install on to the middle Hole.

Take the rack and install it over the anchor nut and slide it back to lock the center into place and match the Mounting holes. Install the 2 bolts for the front and rear. Repeat for the other side
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
(thats Right Im Rocking a Pink Snapon Driver Gun that i bought for the wife.)

picture.jpg
If you have cross bars, install them.
picture.jpg
Install all the end caps and relax. Your done.

picture.php

picture.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome man!!!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sick! Nice write up and new pics of the ride man.

When I saw the Denali with the blacked out roof rack like you just got, they also had the ribbed door side mouldings (only Yukon's have) murdered out too and it really added to the clean look.. I wonder what your ride would look like with the Yukon ribbed side moulding...

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Im searching for that molding, you have a said pic?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ack! No Yukon molding! It's not a good look!

Sumo, glad to see you got the nuts for the center of the rack. It's night and day how secure the rack is now, isn't it? And I knew it'd all make sense once you installed it all.

Looking good!!!

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Looks good. Looks really familar like some one just did this.. :bleh: haha.. But thanks for the part number. I still need to do the center bolt on mine and thinking of installing the center racks. I left them off for now.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome thread. Sticky this Timmy!!!

I am debating on doing my wife's in black... :secret:

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ack! No Yukon molding! It's not a good look!

Sumo, glad to see you got the nuts for the center of the rack. It's night and day how secure the rack is now, isn't it? And I knew it'd all make sense once you installed it all.

Looking good!!!

Yes thanks. With out them the center was a little to flimisy. Thanks for the number reference

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Looks good. Looks really familar like some one just did this.. :bleh: haha.. But thanks for the part number. I still need to do the center bolt on mine and thinking of installing the center racks. I left them off for now.

When I saw yours i was like fugg gotta have it. Not to mention the other projects i have going on. But the end result is worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01