Escalade OEM exhaust on 5.3L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that app! I know it seems like a negligible swap but if you hear a stock Yukon or Escalade it deff has more beefy startup than a stock 5.3L Tahoe.

Those have almost a full liter more of air breathing through that pipe. That's why the larger diameter and "beefier" sound. Regardless, it's still something very interesting to know how it affects the sound and performance, if any. I'm all for it! Having accurate, unbiased data to post up and compare would be quite valuable! When you record everything, try to position your phone and/or camera in a repeatable position. For example, when I did my before and after exhaust vids, I spray painted marks in the grass so I could park the Tahoe in the same position the next day after I installed the new muffler. I also left the chair in place over night so I just had to tape the GoPro back in the same spot. I even did a one year later video to see if the sound changed any. It took a few tries to get everything in the same positions, but I as able to reference trees in the background when parking the Tahoe and aiming the camera. I also tried to perform the same idle and revving sequences. It's really aggravating when someone does a B/A muffler comparison vid and they have the camera 20' away and behind the truck for one vid and have it on the side and damned-near inside the tailpipe for the other.

Even if I decide to swap the muffler later having the 3.5" perfect bend tubing is priceless imo. The biggest part of an aftermarket system is a clean mandrel bent tubing and I've got that now.

After spending two weekends under mine cutting and welding pipe, believe me- I'm well aware of and appreciate the value!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts