Escalade Cluster in NNBS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ke5gnz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello new here I have done this mod a while back and have not been able to use the bottom three buttons on the dic control. I can't see oil life, oil pressure, tire info ect. I have checked the switch and all looks good it functions properly with the gm cluster but not the Cadillac cluster. i have rechecked wiring pins 12 and 13 on Cadillac and pins 19 and 2 on gm and they have a good connection. So I thought I had a bad cluster just got a second cluster and the same thing any advice?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello new here I have done this mod a while back and have not been able to use the bottom three buttons on the dic control. I can't see oil life, oil pressure, tire info ect. I have checked the switch and all looks good it functions properly with the gm cluster but not the Cadillac cluster. i have rechecked wiring pins 12 and 13 on Cadillac and pins 19 and 2 on gm and they have a good connection. So I thought I had a bad cluster just got a second cluster and the same thing any advice?
Something is wrong in the harness you made or bought. Did you follow a diagram provided to you or did you buy the harness?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I followed this. Make sure you're looking at the connectors from the correct side.

Attachments

• Tahoe Cluster.pdf
    75.7 KB · Views: 16

ke5gnz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I followed this. Make sure you're looking at the connectors from the correct side.
That’s how it is wired the only difference is the truck has the yellow wire for back lighting not connected and there is a blue wire on pin 17 on the truck side that is for wait to start if it were a diesel

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s how it is wired the only difference is the truck has the yellow wire for back lighting not connected and there is a blue wire on pin 17 on the truck side that is for wait to start if it were a diesel
You only mentioned 2 wires for your DIC switch, there’s 3. Did you forget pin 20 on the Caddy to pin 16 on the Tahoe? That’s the DIC Select Menu Switch Signal. It’s the pink wire in your vehicle harness. That sounds like what’s missing.

ke5gnz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No that switch works but is the only one on the Cadillac cluster yet they all work on the GM cluster

ke5gnz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just tried in the wife’s truck and same thing so going to check plugs again

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No that switch works but is the only one on the Cadillac cluster yet they all work on the GM cluster
Did you check if you have a wire from pin 16 to 20? Also maybe another wire idk but obviously the harness you made has a problem. Go back and double check your work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts