Escalade Auto/Express Up Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing from you. How hard is the swap to the 2011/12 stuff? What else did you gain? Bluetooth streaming to the stereo?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Ordered BT Dieselworks module. It adds one touch down to the rear window of our 09 Esky. The front already have the one touch up/down this module adds.

A lot of the features listed for +15 & +19 only trucks are also active. Just helped a guy install a 11-14 OEM Navi in his 08 Esky and use the BT to remove the theftlock status on the later model SuperNav.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be nice. I tried to install a 2010 radio in my 2008 and couldn’t clear the theftlock. Does that cost extra or just an included feature buying the module?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Negative. It’s included in the module. Just helped a guy install a 14 SD card based SuperNav to replace the 08 CD based Navi in his Esky he got off eBay. After the BT module was installed it was Plug n play swap between the two. The BT module literally programmed the new Navi with a few commands via the DIC and button on the manual gear selector.

He knew right away he had a good working Navi off eBay. No TIS2000 SW, MDI pass through or Tech2 you normally need to pay someone for unlocking the unit each time.

Some little tweekers got into my truck last month and stole my Tech2. At least with the BT module I can read and clear codes through the DIC until I figure out what I’m going to replace it with.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No TIS2000 SW, MDI pass through or Tech2 you normally need to pay someone for unlocking the unit each time.

This doesn't work anymore is why I was asking. Now it confirms the part number is correct for the year before it will proceed with programming. I don't know that I need or want the 14 radio, I don't actually use the nav and really like the tilting screen. I've also been using an iSimple interface to connect my iPhone since I gave up on the 2010 radio so I don't even know if I'd bother trying that again either.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The MDI (+Tech2) pass through now verifies the accessory being added to the vehicle is / was available to the vehicle when it was made? So that method of programing prohibits you from adding a 14 Super Nav to a 07 truck? That's messed up. Glad there's other work arounds still in play.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it has nothing to do with the MDI. I haven’t tried to do any swapping since then so I don’t know what else is applies to but the 2010 radio would not program in my 2008.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
BT Dieselworks Module highly recommended for those who are swapping Navi or radios and want to avoid paying or finding someone to recode their VIN to the replacement unit. No known issue of MY incompatibilities as of yet.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in doing this here is most of the parts all from one seller. Would just need the driver front door harness and passenger front window switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC