Escalade Auto/Express Up Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A switch from a 14+ will not even plug in to a GMT-900. Those switches are also just switches where the GMT-900 uses door modules which have to be programmed.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That's what I get for going off the compatibility chart at the bottom of that link. Oh well.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up heated/cooled seats for express up windows. I can hold a button for 5 seconds.

Too bad there's not another easy solution

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ya, that is one of the dumbest trade offs ive heard lmao

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
According to BT Dieselworks / White it's the BCM that drives the one touch down and/or up feature. Switch pack is irrelevant. They will not enable the one touch up feature if the vehicle does not have the window motor without pinch protection. This means it's another conversation with them if you're willing to add a motor(s) with the pinch protection for auto-UP (Escalade) and they're willing to sell you a ECU module to to act on it.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true, the BCM has nothing to do with it on a GMT-900. It is all in the door modules and window motors. I added this to my 2008 Escalade by only by changing the door modules (switches), door harnesses, and regulators/motors. I also added it to my 2012 Yukon but lost the heated and ventilated seat functionality because those buttons are not in the doors on an Escalade. None of the companies that do custom programming were interested in helping me make a custom door module calibration so I removed all the parts and they’re still sitting in a box.

Reaction score

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang. That sounds like a lot of good magic in that OBD dongle alone. The only thing I'd want in BCM programming would be changing the lane change to 4 or 5 blinks with tap. 3 just seems like too few. Not worth $195 bucks for just that but that dongle. That's a different story.

Hopefully we'll hear from someone who's chanced one about how well it works.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a little more research shoots a hole in my enthusiasm.

Mine's a 2009 and that was one feature that had me excited. Add that they too have been hit by the chip shortage which temporarily reduces this to vaporware.

• Manually activate backup camera display at any time while driving to check on trailer/cargo/etc (2012-2014 factory nav vehicles only).

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Mine's 09 too. That was a bummer to see the comments on that feature. However, I believe the reason that feature doesn't work on the 07-2011 vehicles is the head unit, not an engineering limitation. When I order mine I'm going to let them know I'm running a 2014 Navi and 2012 OnStar VCIM.

After 2012 and early 2011 the Navi and OnStar VCIM were upgraded to pass data (Navi Coordinates) from the O/S VCIM via the K Line/CAN BUS to the Navi head unit. This pathway is likely commands the back up camera on later model trucks.

There's even a remote possibility that just a swap to a 2012 VCIM would do the trick in triggering the back up camera via the turn signal. GM held back a lot of features and options to convince buyers to sell/trade and buy a later model truck.

My wifes 07 Beetle Convertible had an aftermarket OBD dongle plug/program that allows all four windows to roll up/down with the factory remote and defaults to rolls up all the windows when the it's locked. It can also be canceled with the remote. After getting your brains blasted out on the highway with the top down it's easy to pull switch the top up and walk away with all the windows open and leave a phone or wallet in the console. It's paid for itself 25 fold. It's weird to walk away from the car and hear all the windows rolling up knowing you forgot to do it.

That key fob control of the windows feature is awesome for black trucks with auto start. It means Mom can start the truck, A/C blasts to full and you can roll all the windows down to evacuate all the hot air trapped inside. By the time the kids school stuff or groceries and stuffed in back, the kids can be put in the car seats with the windows down. In the end, most of the supercharged hot air is out of the truck from circulation and rolling up all the windows when driving away yields only cool air the a/c never had to overcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore