Escalade 4/6 Drop tire wear issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your due for upper and lower ball joints. I just did mine and i'm at 105k
I just lowered mine back to 4'' in front a few months ago. i took it back to firestone 3 times because the alignment was off. ( bad lower ball joints) All is good now.

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as suspension parts are not worn, looks like you have a lot of negative camber or excessive toe out, betting neg camber, sometimes tuff to get it correct after lowering with some parts. A big issue anymore is finding somebody has a clue about alignments...mostly morons from what I've seen, did it for 15+ years.

Jibee

Reaction score
Around here Alignment shops hear the words lowered or dropped and their eyes glaze over...it can be frustrating but when ya find a place that knows what they are doing ya have to stick with them.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Is the wear even on the inside or is it kind of up and down or side to side along that side of the sidewall? Just did a 2015 Silverado about two weeks ago that had similar wear that looked like someone just carved out little semi circles that looked almost perfectly symmetrical. Struts were toast and just bouncing down the road making the cups.

Google bad strut tire wear and compare

OP
OP
L

langsbr

Reaction score
I just ordered new tie rod ends, and new a-arms with ball joints. Gonna replace all that due to mileage, plus now I think I may be hearing the ball joints move. The wear is consistent so it doesn't match strut induced cupping. I'd also hope the struts aren't blown in only 2 years and 25K miles. Hopefully I'll get everything installed in the next week and report back.

Thanks all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01