Engine Swap to stroked 6.0 (408) and general vehicle refurbishment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chooko

Chooko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, here is a new topic for this thread. My wife wants a heated steering wheel in the Tahoe. I have been reading all day on this and other forums, looking at Ebay, and various parts suppliers. I understand that I will need the clock spring and harness, and I think I have found those parts new. I am confused about the wheel though. I have found a wheel, part number 22947767. This looks like its for a 2014 model. I have also read that something in the design of the airbag changed in 2013. So, will a 2014 wheel work with a 2010 Tahoe and airbag? If so, what color are the lights on the buttons for 22947767? I'm sure that this has been covered somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, here is a new topic for this thread. My wife wants a heated steering wheel in the Tahoe. I have been reading all day on this and other forums, looking at Ebay, and various parts suppliers. I understand that I will need the clock spring and harness, and I think I have found those parts new. I am confused about the wheel though. I have found a wheel, part number 22947767. This looks like its for a 2014 model. I have also read that something in the design of the airbag changed in 2013. So, will a 2014 wheel work with a 2010 Tahoe and airbag? If so, what color are the lights on the buttons for 22947767? I'm sure that this has been covered somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
I looked into this briefly for my 08 and I was going to buy everything from a 2012. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet because I was‘t 100% on the wiring. I chose a 2012 because my dads avalanche has it and it appears everything is the same as mine (light colors). Rock auto had the wheel but appears to be out of stock now

OP
OP
Chooko

Chooko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked into this briefly for my 08 and I was going to buy everything from a 2012. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet because I was‘t 100% on the wiring. I chose a 2012 because my dads avalanche has it and it appears everything is the same as mine (light colors). Rock auto had the wheel but appears to be out of stock now
Do you have the part number for the 2012 wheel handy?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the part number for the 2012 wheel handy?
I believe it’s 22947767

on the second page of this thread they show the part number change to the one we both listed (22947767)

Basked on what I read before, somewhere around 2010 (maybe even 2009) they have the provision for the wheel and you just buy the harness and plug it in. For the earlier 07-08 you have to get a power source from under the dash. I wasn’t comfortable with that at the moment so I just gave up lol. Seems simple enough either way, I just lost motivation. Keep me posted on what you find out

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chooko

Chooko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it’s 22947767

on the second page of this thread they show the part number change to the one be both listed (22947767)
I believe it’s 22947767

on the second page of this thread they show the part number change to the one we both listed (22947767)

Basked on what I read before, somewhere around 2010 (maybe even 2009) they have the provision for the wheel and you just buy the harness and plug it in. For the earlier 07-08 you have to get a power source from under the dash. I wasn’t comfortable with that at the moment so I just gave up lol. Seems simple enough either way, I just lost motivation. Keep me posted on what you find out
That part number seems to be for a '14 model year. I'm just not sure if it will work with the pre '13 airbag, because I read that they changed the airbag in '13.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That part number seems to be for a '14 model year. I'm just not sure if it will work with the pre '13 airbag, because I read that they changed the airbag in '13.
I can't confirm either way. That's the part number that was listed on rockauto for the 2012 when I looked previously.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oo stroked 6.0 :beer:

I went from a 5.3 to a 6.0, just from the tune i have been running during the engine break-in, the difference between the 6.0 vs the 5.3 is pretty noticeable.
I wanted more low end mostly, and i got it.

i haven't done much with WOT yet, but the tune still needs work.

With my build, i also went with a new circle d converter.
I think at some point i tossed some trash through the cooler lines (or trash was already there) and it ended up taking out my thrust bearing twice.

That's where i sit now, get an oil filter cutting tool too.
I ran the extra capacity filter + i cut the filter open after ever 200 miles of engine break-in.
that saved my ass from losing a shit load of money. :jester:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oo stroked 6.0 :beer:

I went from a 5.3 to a 6.0, just from the tune i have been running during the engine break-in, the difference between the 6.0 vs the 5.3 is pretty noticeable.
I wanted more low end mostly, and i got it.

i haven't done much with WOT yet, but the tune still needs work.

With my build, i also went with a new circle d converter.
I think at some point i tossed some trash through the cooler lines (or trash was already there) and it ended up taking out my thrust bearing twice.

That's where i sit now, get an oil filter cutting tool too.
I ran the extra capacity filter + i cut the filter open after ever 200 miles of engine break-in.
that saved my ass from losing a shit load of money. :jester:
Hey, haven't seen you in a minute! Welcome to the thread...:love51:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1638927974931.png

I know nothing about an airbag change. The current wheel in my 2009 Yukon XL is from a 2012 Suburban, no fitment issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972