Engine Revving in Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I had a corroded cable causing a bad ground that would knock the radio out whenever the abs would actuate. At a bare minimum replace negative cable with a new factory one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Hopefully a new battery will solve the issue for a few years.

As far as all the other codes, could it be possible that those showed up just because of the MAF? And now that the MAF is replaced, the other codes should be cleared for now? Just want to make sure I'm not essentially getting a Band-Aid for a few weeks just to have another issue next month.
I have personally seen a bad maf cause 3/4 of those codes including the misfire, map and transmission codes but not the oil pressure or brake codes those would be unrelated
like others mentioned low or bad voltage can cause a multitude of codes to happen like a christmas tree
if it was the maf causing high/fast idle this would be the first case I have read about usually it is the opposite: low idle or unable to idle steady or start and die or unable to rev up or no shift up or sporadic shifting are the most common issue's with the maf. but a bad maf can cause all kinds of havoc

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep could have just been the battery or cables that caused everything. Sounds like the shop did the shotgun approach with very little actual diagnostics. I agree with doing the big 3 upgrade as well as replacing the negative cable.
I’m wondering what that shop meant by replacing the “entire system” as opposed to the TPS. Anyway, keep us posted. Sounds to me like it was battery/ cable issues which like others have said will cause all kinds of issues and associated codes.

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update: got the vehicle back and everything seems to be normal. I went ahead and changed the oil too (mechanic said it looked like sludge in there). For now check engine light is off and the engine seems to run fine. Hopefully it was just the MAF sensor, but I guess only time and driving will tell. Will report back once I get around 150 miles on it. Thanks for all the advice and comments so far!

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the early LS1 days both my 98 and 99 would do a crazy idle relearn after the battery was disconnected for some time. Was super wild as they'd surge and stumble and recover for about 5 minutes or so. My 2004 has never done this but it is still recommended to follow a procedure after battery disconnect. Not sure if the same on 2007. Just random commentary...

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update here. I’ve now gone over 3 weeks and 200+ miles of driving, and the check engine light has stayed off. Hopefully it was just the MAF sensor all along (although I won’t be surprised if something else comes up soon).

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update here. I’ve now gone over 3 weeks and 200+ miles of driving, and the check engine light has stayed off. Hopefully it was just the MAF sensor all along (although I won’t be surprised if something else comes up soon).
Nice. Thanks for following up!