Engine/Motor Mount Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's actually the passenger side part number for an H3 with the 5.3L. In case that wasn't mentioned already.
Both sides are the same p/n. All the mounts for this year have the same p/n's for both sides.

wingdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not only have we replace so many at work with these but I have helped my son replace his in an 07 Avalanche 5.3. I've experienced it first hand and know what a ***** it is too do. Replace it with hydraulic mounts and your certainly going to be doing it again later.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both sides are the same p/n. All the mounts for this year have the same p/n's for both sides.

Yes, for our trucks. The H3 shows two different p/ns for driver and pass. The driver might be the same mount with a big plate bolted to the motor side.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, for our trucks. The H3 shows two different p/ns for driver and pass. The driver might be the same mount with a big plate bolted to the motor side.
I just saw that. That's what it looks like, there's a plate bolted to the mount but the mount itself looks the same. It also looks like they charge $30 for that piece of steel that our rigs probably don't need.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw that. That's what it looks like, there's a plate bolted to the mount but the mount itself looks the same. It also looks like they charge $30 for that piece of steel that our rigs probably don't need.

Yep, the supposed TSB notes the pass side mount, which as you mentioned is probably the same as driver side with out that $30 piece of the general's finest steel.

wingdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2 of the 25847739 mounts on my shelf and they do not have any type of plate attached to them.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of the 25847739 mounts on my shelf and they do not have any type of plate attached to them.

Right, that's the passenger side mount. The driver side part is 25847738 IIRC. It has a plate on it that looks like it would run down the side of the block.

HBSurfer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been watching these motor mount threads for a while and I'm amazed that those of you who've had your mounts replaced especially at a dealer are still using production mounts. I work for a police vehicle fleet with almost 200 Tahoe's. GM put out a bulletin in like 2008 for a heavy duty replacement mount that does not have fluid in it. Part number 25847739. It does not show up when the parts guy looks up a mount so I can't blame them but the service dept. should have access to it. We have replaced almost every left side mount in the fleet with these and had zero failures. Police drive these things far harder than probably any of you and no failures. Just ask the parts dept. to order this number.

Thats the best intel yet in this thread. Do you have a part manufacturer name on the part number you listed?