Engine Heater and Cord

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

8mmag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Following up just to close the loop...I called my sales person at the dealer yesterday.

After checking around what I was told is:

- I signed off when I took the vehicle so the dealership washes their hands of it and the lack of a cord is my responsibility
- Salesperson didn't like that answer since even they didn't know to check for the cord so offered to split the cost with me for a new cord from the Parts Dept which they had in stock and asked me to double check one more time which I did to no avail.
- I went to the dealership today to get the cord and the salesperson ended up covering the cost out of their pocket for me...receipt was for $42+ tax (maybe employee pricing because yesterday they told me my half would be $51?).

So I think I got lucky with my salesperson but this should serve as a warning to anyone taking delivery of a vehicle with an engine block heater that they need to make sure the cord is in the vehicle when they take delivery or they could end up paying for the cord themselves. I don't think all sales people will be as generous as mine was.

I hope this helps someone going forward.

Tom

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following up just to close the loop...I called my sales person at the dealer yesterday.

- I signed off when I took the vehicle so the dealership washes their hands of it and the lack of a cord is my responsibility
- Salesperson didn't like that answer since even they didn't know to check for the cord so offered to split the cost with me for a new cord from the Parts Dept which they had in stock and asked me to double check one more time which I did to no avail.
- I went to the dealership today to get the cord and the salesperson ended up covering the cost out of their pocket for me...receipt was for $42+ tax (maybe employee pricing because yesterday they told me my half would be $51?).

So I think I got lucky with my salesperson but this should serve as a warning to anyone taking delivery of a vehicle with an engine block heater that they need to make sure the cord is in the vehicle when they take delivery or they could end up paying for the cord themselves. I don't think all sales people will be as generous as mine was.

Tom

Thanks for letting us know!

Jpilot64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Tom
I can only help with the Tahoe info…might be the same…cord plug in just to the right of a removable grey rectangular trim piece just below the drivers headlight. The black plastic piece to the right of the grey rectangular panel that looks removable. Once that piece is removed, you’ll see the connector for the heater plug in.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cord was underneath the lift up compartment below the rear trunk deck. All factory supplied stuff was in there at delivery….They didn’t show it to me, I had to discover it, but it was there at delivery….

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was in the rear deck compartment as well. Don't know if that's standard procedure or if it's just up to the assembly line to toss it in wherever they want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu