Engine Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
engine cover..........shit canned it, weight loss and one less thing to remove everytime I work on the motor.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
engine cover..........shit canned it, weight loss and one less thing to remove everytime I work on the motor.

Some engine components require a consistent warm/hot temperature to operate properly. Possibly, a cover assists that. I know, late '60's & early '70's Formula 1 cars had the spark box within the intake manifold space for that reason.

In our newer vehicles, we have sensors & computer to adjust for temperatures.

But, as I live in Florida, I would rather remove my little cover to dissipate heat better. ( I am considering that)

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some engine components require a consistent warm/hot temperature to operate properly. Possibly, a cover assists that. I know, late '60's & early '70's Formula 1 cars had the spark box within the intake manifold space for that reason.

In our newer vehicles, we have sensors & computer to adjust for temperatures.

But, as I live in Florida, I would rather remove my little cover to dissipate heat better. ( I am considering that)

Hey Peter, we should meet up sometime, I'm in St Pete. Let me know if you need a aftermarket hi pro shop or powder coater contact?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weight loss..... Lol

The bottle of water in the cupholder weighs more than that. Hell the cell phone in your pocket probably weighs more

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Guess you missed the sarcasm in that statement...................BUT that in addition to removing a bunch of other useless stuff I have dropped almost 200 lbs of weight off of my PPV.

BTW, that engine cover weights probably 3 or 4 time what my cell does ....especially when you remove the mounting hardware off of the intake manifold:waytogo:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess you missed the sarcasm in that statement...................BUT that in addition to removing a bunch of other useless stuff I have dropped almost 200 lbs of weight off of my PPV.

BTW, that engine cover weights probably 3 or 4 time what my cell does ....especially when you remove the mounting hardware off of the intake manifold:waytogo:

I caught the sarcasm......

Way back in the early off-shore powerboat days, I suggested my boss to reduce weight on his 36' Scarab, by making a carbon fiber version of his engine hatch covers. " He responded: " Hell, I'll just take the tool box out of the boat, considering the high cost"...... ( He is smarter than me) :)

Reaction score
It wouldn't be surprised if you were being serious. I've known people at the track that would remove their radio antenna or wiper arms just to try to make it a bit quicker. A 100lbs is worth a tenth and 1mph in the quarter.

My mustang runs 10's and I run it in street trim, not gutted. It has all the seats, sound deadener and padding under the carpet, stereo system with the amp and sub box with 2x12s in the trunk, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal