Engine Bay Dress UP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I just noticed that both of the AC connection ports are uncapped. Dirt and stuff will settle in the opening and be forced in the the system when a hose is connected. The covers are important.
You are right! Thanks for catching it!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, how much do you wanna spend? Here’s mine. View attachment 377290
I am sure both of you have much more in the engine bay on yours, than I have in my entire truck! Love the builds you guys have done!!! I didn't hit the $1B last week, so I'll just keep plugging away at my $6,500 rig and continue to focus on replacing things before they fail... Piece by piece. Right now it is all about functionality and reliability. Making pretty has taken the back seat. Even though I play in a different league, I love being inspired by the work you all have been doing. Thanks!!! I can dream...

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Stock covers just painted.
I really dislike the cluttered look of the engine bay. Part of what I dislike is the coil pack "mess" on the valve covers. I've thought of relocating them, but frankly, its too much trouble; and I'd still have (imo) ugly valve covers. For this reason I'm toying with replacing the engine cover with a TBSS or Camaro cover which hide the valve covers and coil packs, or just adding coil pack/fuel rail covers.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dislike the cluttered look of the engine bay. Part of what I dislike is the coil pack "mess" on the valve covers. I've thought of relocating them, but frankly, its too much trouble; and I'd still have (imo) ugly valve covers. For this reason I'm toying with replacing the engine cover with a TBSS or Camaro cover which hide the valve covers and coil packs, or just adding coil pack/fuel rail covers.
Stock covers just painted.
Interesting that those are stock covers, just with paint. I'm guessing those must be on your '16 or '18, as they are not stock on an 01-06 NBS rig. I like the look of those too and wonder if they'd work without modification on an earlier engine. I'm guessing m1949 was looking for coil hiding options for an 01-06?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! But I'm tapped out on major $$$ mods. Now, I'm just looking to do an bit of cleaning up and neatening under the hood.
I did MSD coils in red, red crinkle paint on the rocker covers, and ITC Billet polished aluminum coil brackets. Not too expensive but looks great. I replaced a bunch of the hoses with black braided and finished the ends with big heat shrink I bought on Amazon. Some of the smaller hoses I used braided sleeve that I slid over the hose and used the heat shrink on the ends to hold it in place. I bought an assortment of spring clamps and got some off junkyard vehicles be cause they look good and work great. Get a set of spring clamp pliers, you’ll wonder how you got along without them. A new coolant reservoir made a big difference, the old one was stained badly. Most of the wiring I covered in split braides sleeve and used fabric tape on the ends and places where wiring exits a loom. It’s the same tape oem’s use on wiring because plastic electrical tape looks terrible after a few years, it gets all sticky. There’s lots of inexpensive stuff you can do.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Decided to try my hand at making an engine cover. Never layed fiberglass before this. Watched some videos and visited a few sites to get the basics. Wasn't too hard. Here are photos.Fiberglass1.jpgbadge3.jpgfinish1.jpgfinish2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts