Engine additives, fuel treatment and oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use a good full synthetic ( Amzoil ) and change at regular intervals. I just hit 2,200 miles and its telling me im ready for a second oil change already. ( 18 months old )

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just use a good full synthetic ( Amzoil ) and change at regular intervals. I just hit 2,200 miles and its telling me im ready for a second oil change already. ( 18 months old )

Does Amsoil have Dexos? I could have sworn it did not but I could be wrong.

After 18 months I would definitely dump it. Especially if it was a lot of short tripping. If it were me I would change it out every 6-8 months even if the oil only had 1500 miles on it..But that is just me. I would make me sleep better.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys really want a boost in MPG buy good gas from MOBIL/ EXXON or Chevron/Texaco

91 or 93 oct on those newer engines with VVT it a real benefit in fuel mileage... :D

couple of guys in the NNBS have been testing it out ..

benefits have shown good results with the higher octane fuel... i know some people have tried it at no name stations but more then likely that higher octane pump dispensed 87 octane I got screwed at several stations that dispensed 87oct at the 91 pump... more then likely incompetent lazy fuel delivery drivers are to blame for that.. OR the gas station was pulling a SCAM

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

After 18 months I would definitely dump it. Especially if it was a lot of short tripping. If it were me I would change it out every 6-8 months even if the oil only had 1500 miles on it..But that is just me. I would make me sleep better.

I don’t see Amsoil on the list.
https://www.gmdexos.com/brands/dexos1/index.html

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I always do a change at about 500 to 1000 miles on a new vehicle. Obviously the truck is going by time on the DIC because im down to 25% oil life now and im only at 2200 miles !

Im sure its overkill, but cheap insurance and piece of mind. We will have this truck for 10 years baring some anomaly that changes circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01