Employee/supplier pricing gone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my Yukon XL w/ employee pricing! One dealer said GM wasn't allowing it (also said that GM themselves was implementing the $10k+ price increase), one dealer took my order with no issue. I actually called Family First to verify and they said all makes and models listed online as available for the discount is accurate. So the other dealership lied directly to my face and that infuriates me more than anything! If you want want to honor it, fine, don't lie.
some car salesman are just sleazy! GM, I believe, they were only raising the prices of certain vehicle models by $200 maybe $500; and it’s possible they were going to add it to next year‘s price for the vehicles.
I checked build & price lately and it hasn’t gone up so I’m thinking that it’s just gonna end up being for next year‘s model.

Anyways, I got the runaround for a few days from the local dealership. They said they’ll see about matching the price from another dealership. Then they would never get back to me. This was before I even placed my order with the dealership that I did back in April; so I finally told him, dude I need to know now because otherwise I’m just gonna go to another dealership, they finally came out and said oh we’re not gonna honor supplier pricing. Its literally not that hard to just tell me the first day.lol

Another dealership, about 45 minutes away for me, tells me oh they do GM pricing. Great! so I was talking about the vehicle that’s in transit and I was interested in it, because my order is now on hold but that one has everything I’m looking for, it’s my second color choice and doesn’t have a power console but it has the package I want. Well, after some talks about it, I ask - so it’s going to be X amount OTD? Nope! Instead I got, oh, we don’t do supplier pricing. Then why did you say you did GM pricing?! No they do incentives and rebates - which there are none. And on top of that, the vehicle is 5K above MSRP now too. Ugh!

I have dealt with a lot of bad sales people, they try to lie and trick me into coming in just so they can turn around and say they don’t honor GM pricing after all. Smh.

this is honestly the worst buying experience because of the short supply. =\ I’m glad you have/had a dealership that honored your pricing. The last one asked me why I was requesting supplier pricing and if I even qualified for it. Lol

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day I stopped to look at a Suburban sitting on the lot and the salesman was chasing my Hoe as I was leaving. Rolled down the window and asked him if he knew of any problems with the new models, with a thoughtful expression he replied, nothing I've heard about.

I'm starting to see these things all over the place deals can't be that far away. Patience Grasshopper.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094