Emissions Modules refused to set (SOLVED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I presented to the mechanic with modules not setting after driving nearly 500 miles following the module instructions to a T i have the Secondary Air Injection reaction (required in California) but that module , Catalyst And the Evap modules wouldn’t reset. So what my mechanic realized was my ignition wasn’t shutting off all the way (battery was on the display where security would flash). And because it wasn’t shutting down all the way it wouldn’t set the modules. As soon as they did the ignition and drove it to shandon @ 55 mph (about 40 miles each way) and all the monitors set I hope it helps your guys emissions issues because this was a $20-100 part that costed $627 at the mechanic but you could definitely do and diagnose yourself.
4700C9F8-B67E-4C94-AF58-8BD02E0D3585.jpeg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have more diagnostic information if you would want it I have tons of other random fixes like the power mirror switch problem I had, I also fixed my Overdrive problem but it’s a common and well documented repair I found it on YouTube.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you said they "did the ignition," what did they actually do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal