Embarrassing - only one OEM fender flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 2 years I bought this 2006 Tahoe. I just noticed that one wheel has a flare what looks like the OEM B71 flare option. It is embarrassing that it took years to notice. A couple of questions:
- is the flare pictured below the B71 or flare option?
- if you get the B71 option (if that is what the one flare I have is) you get flares at all 4 corners?

I'm thinking now the one flare was added to cover up some sort of damage. I don't want to look.
This came up while I was at Maaco getting a bid on new paint.

DrvSide.JPG PassSide.JPG

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took you 2 years to notice that? No offense intended but thats funny... I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you... bc that's something you just have to laugh at once you realize it. .. pull your inner fender loose and see what you can see from the inside

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
About 2 years I bought this 2006 Tahoe. I just noticed that one wheel has a flare what looks like the OEM B71 flare option. It is embarrassing that it took years to notice. A couple of questions:
- if you get the B71 option (if that is what the one flare I have is) you get flares at all 4 corners?

I'm thinking now the one flare was added to cover up some sort of damage. I don't want to look.

View attachment 204753 View attachment 204754

That is not the OE B71 flare. You wouldn't see the body line and the front corner is too sharp. Here's the factory one...
20180806_224148.jpg

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HiHoeSilver
Good points, the flare is probably from some other model of GM truck/etc.
So they got to me in two ways - probably cover a defect with a fender flare and used the wrong flare.
Also, there wasn't a B71 CPO code on the sticker in the glove box.
Standby for more info.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 204753 View attachment 204754
I'm confused, is this supposed to be a photo of both sides of your truck? my 2000 had a flare (on both sides) like your photo on the right

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers! is right. I needed it bad - I got it bad. The one good thing is Carfax showed all oil chainges were done at the dealer - that's why I bought it.

There is only one "flare" (clip-on type) on my 2006 Tahoe and that is on the drivers side rear.
HiHoSilver states that the flare I have is not a B71 option flare. His picture looks much cleaner and better integrated (no body line showing). I assume I have some other GM flare that "fit" but is not the proper pn for my Tahoe. If I get it repainted it probably makes sense to remove the one bogus flare and repaint with plain sides. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.