Eliminate Autoride Message light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Ma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finished changing out the shocks and springs, got rid of Auto-ride.. I attached 3 ohm 25 watt resistors to each connection..And no service lights !! worked great...I got the resistors off ebay,for like $10.00 or so... I think sway bars next ..dang gets addictive once you start doing stuff.....

mt.davis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up an 07 Tahoe recently for a steal and the previous original owner replaced the auto ride struts with non-auto ride due to the cost so the "service suspension" message is showing up on the dash.

I've seen numerous members state to disconnect the neg battery cable, pull the fuse, then reconnect; however my fuse diagram does not list "RTD" anywhere on the diagram.

Any help is appreciated. I'm more than happy to provide photo of my fuse box diagram if desired!

BW 07AvyLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Avalanche LTZ & I am looking for verification on the Autoride & Auto leveling delete. I want to delete the front struts & rear air shocks and replace w/Bilstein 5100's. I can order the resistors (25w-3.9 Ohm-5%) from ebay/amazon. Does it matter if gold or green?? (I wouldn't think so). Do I need 4 or 6? 2 for front struts, 2 for rear shocks & 2 for auto leveling? This is where my uncertainty starts. I don't want any steering issues. I hear this when removing the 30 amp RTD fuse under hood. I want to remove the compressor completely. Can I do this or does it need to remain to stay plugged in? Also, do I need to replace rear coils with LT coils?

Stax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After reading some of the post I went ahead and disconnected the negative cable took out the 30amp RTD fuse reconnected the cable turn the truck in the on position for 30 seconds then started it up SERVICE RIDE CONTROL LIGHT GONE....ON MY 01 TAHOE.

Firewolf

Reaction score
I dont have an RTD fuse on mine, would it be labeled something else? 9f91d576358c80ec28c4200601eee7ce.jpg0aedb0d24f528a8665b94fa7d6ac4059.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Firewolf

Reaction score
Well, I found it. It is not on my fuse id label. Googled it, and found it. Thanks for this info, worked perfectly.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I found it. It is not on my fuse id label. Googled it, and found it. Thanks for this info, worked perfectly.

Was it the 30 amp fuse above the headlight relay that isn’t labeled on your cover?

Pioneer Wagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I'll add to this old post also:
I have a 2005 Yukon Denali XL
The air ride shocks are toast, the compressor does not come on, ever! I am replacing them with the Bilstein lowered shocks and springs.
The RTD fuse is still installed and not blown. I have never had a SERVICE RIDE CONTROL LIGHT come on.

Is there another way to disable the Ride system, besides pulling the fuse, or installing the resistors? I am guessing that a previous owner did something to eliminate it.

I have only had the truck since August last year, and only put about 8K on it.

20190126_171600.jpg