Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustinh

Reaction score
I just got my 02 tahoe out of the shop from having the motor and torque converter replaced. My low beams don’t work but high beams do. While the high beams are on the passenger marker/blinker is illuminated but not the driver side. When I turn my blinker on in either direction with headlights on or off my rear wiper jumps. Everything else seems to be ok other than ac not blowing cold. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes if it didnt happen before it went to the shop then the shop damaged something or hooked something back up wrong and should fix it. if the shop you had the work done at is refusing to do anything about it have a different shop do a diagnosis and return to the original shop. if they are still refusing to do anything about it and the second shop found an issue that would have been caused by the work inform them you will be contacting a lawyer. then go from there.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that issue can easily have been caused by damaging the wiring harness in the engine compartment.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont want to deal with them just start looking over the wiring all around the engine compartment. if you find a spot that looks crushed or damaged in any way first try separating the damaged wires and throwing some tape around them. if the problems go away or something stops working while the rest start working right just fix the wires. take pictures though and if you fix it yourself id still go back and ***** them out.

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
So I took the easy road and started with bulbs. All bulbs changed and all lights work! Except my brake lights and passenger tail light. I have LED tail lights so I unplugged them and put bulbs in the sockets and no light. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
Dumb question but have you checked the fuses?
I did a few times and they were good then checked them Thursday and the veh stop fuse was bad. Replaced that fuse and I have brake lights now but passenger tail light doesn’t work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons