1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electrical plague 12volt system, alternating current leakage?

Discussion in 'Hybrid General Discussion' started by BG1988, Mar 14, 2020.

1. BG1988

BG1988 Full Access Member

Name:
    Brent
    still having a bit of an issue with the 12volt system
    I was only getting 14.3 at the tap it was causing the transmission not to move in drive (also shuttering if it worked ) (worked in M4).. other wise it would sit there (you can revv up your engines)

i did resit the connections and tighten the crimps as they were coming apart again..

(i bought new cables just not put in yet) as i think the battery is moving around causing the crimps to come apart..

anyways after doing that everything is close to what it should be 14.9v is the actual factory cold start voltage preset..

it was jumping around from 14.6 to 14.8 at about 60Hz ripple (you can see the OBD reader reading rapidly refreshing and moving all over the place)

but everything seems to work now it does shutter slightly.. on cold start only (only does it once)

the SUV shifts smoothly now,, threw out the gears.. before it was playing dead in drive gear (and no autostop)

the engine idle is in sync with the voltage ripple so the engine idle has a ripple as well to go with it... it also has the funky rhythmic idle to go with it

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  2. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy Full Access Member

Name:
    Tom
    Where did you throw the gears out to?

2001 Yukon SLT
    2012 Yukon Denali XL
    2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Fless likes this.
  3. BG1988

Name:
    Brent
    haha should have been thru out the 4 gear(s), and/or sun,planetary gear sets

4. BG1988

Name:
    Brent
    Yeah the cables were pretty dirty under the positive cable

the voltage is quite a bit more stable at 14.835 to 14.865 volts

instead of jumping around from 14.2 to 14.8 aka "heavy ripple"

the idle still has the normal rhythm idle but doe snot bother me because AUTO STOP is working correctly now SO i don't have to feel it anymore.

but I don't have any reason to believe it has an issue with misfires as the catalytic converter temperature Stays at a stable 350 Celsius or 662 Fahrenheit when idle.. other wise it would be much much higher

20200314_115323.jpg