Electrical issue - battery draining in my K5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I don't drive my Blazer more than once a week. Sometimes 2-3 weeks go by before I can take it for a drive. I have a weird issue where my battery is draining. It happened to me about a month ago. The battery that was in it was from the previous owner so I assumed it could have been bad. I took it in and tested it at the local Checker and it had no juice so I decided to just get a new one and see what happens. Well I got a couple of drives out of it and now it's been about 3 weeks since I've driven it. I got into it yesterday and sure enough completely dead - won't turn over or anything.

What do you guys think could be causing this? The wiring looks shoddy to me anyways so my first instinct is to just buy a new wiring harness and redo everything myself but I figured I would see what you all thought first.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably already know this but they make dial switches that are primarily for boats where you can turn the power off to the battery, maybe that might help in the short term.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I did know that and am considering going that route for now. A new harness is in it's future regardless which is why I am thinking of just doing it when I have the cash but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw it up here to see what everyone thought.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was having a problem with my headlamp switch the dome light would be on than when I turned th knob the underdash lights kicked on, they were covered in dirt so I never knew they were burning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent