Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't doubt that the developement costs are a big reason for the lifter failures. Today's subsidization of tomorrow's tech leaves buyers in the lurch. Wait till the bill to pay for the grid upgrade lands in your mailbox.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really considering going electric on my next ride (2 months ago) and read about the V8's possibly going away by 2030. I am a fan of the EV but am also a long time chevy and mopar fan. My previous ride was a six banger after selling my SS and Jeep Hemi so thought did cross my mind about going electric. But I told my wife, I need to get me my last V8 before they start going away. Dodge has stated their next muscle cars will include EV. I do have a reservation for a mid level Cybertruck. Range is a factor for me but I know they have those super fast charging stations which basically seems similar to a full gas of tank in a big SUV if not less(price wise). I will see when I get the call from Tesla regarding my reservation and see if I pull the trigger. Excited for all the EV's coming out, I like cars and the tech they have so...not committed to any one manufacturer.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I contemplate buying a new bucket of bolts the more I consider keeping my 2012 going to the grave. It's reliable, just the right size, will run all day at 80mph with the air running wide open and fill ups take 10 minutes. I really doubt electric will be a viable cross country network in my lifetime anyway and when a comprehensive audit is done will be worse than gas engines for the environment. The only accomplishment will be a couple more multi billionaires going to space.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fossil fuel engines are about as good as they ever will be now ( minus the lifter issue...) so we are buying for my wife and I this year. No more money will be spent refining Fuel engines. Could be the last great fuel vehicles we own..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fossil fuel engines are about as good as they ever will be now ( minus the lifter issue...) so we are buying for my wife and I this year. No more money will be spent refining Fuel engines. Could be the last great fuel vehicles we own..
In 50 years or less the forum will be guys talking about modding their flux capacitors for mo powah and better range.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another step closer to an electric Tahoe/Suburban.

2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV First Look: Chevy’s Electric Truck Puts F-150 Lightning on Notice​

I heard an interesting analysis of this offering (and the legacy manufacturers move to EV in general) this afternoon on CNBC. Specifically to the latest GM announcement, the analyst was saying that the Ford lightning looks to be the leader as it was out first (between GM and Ford) ad should sell really well to more conservative Ford truck customers familiar with the F150 platform, but that GM's approach of building their new EV offerings on standard platforms optimized for EV propulsion, should turn our better later in the decade.

In any case, it looks like both companies are really in for the long haul with EV's. I was thinking about Tesla's market cap and watching the daily EV and Plug In Hybrid announcements, thinking that stock is likely to be in a one way trade as time goes on.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that thing is ugly! Lightning has this thing whooped in the looks department. If the world has to go all electric can the auto manufacturers at least offer something that's not embarrassing to be seen in? If they could make an electric square body or an obs with modern tech and interiors I'd be all over one of those

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons