Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oy, not again.

Tesla collected $1.6 billion in regulatory credits in 2020 alone otherwise Tesla would never have turned a profit - ever. Tesla exists because of government tax subsidies and will for the foreseeable future. As soon as Biden can he will shove a $100 billion rebate program through Congress. Tax subsidies aren't going down as you claim they're going up.
Consumer subsidies that drive down the cost of the car (for the “top 20%”) are expired for tesla.

Regulatory credits are not subsidies. They are credits being purchased by other auto companies.

But again, not sure how this changes your position or mine. I believe the govt should invest in emerging technology. You don’t.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consumer subsidies that drive down the cost of the car (for the “top 20%”) are expired for tesla.

Regulatory credits are not subsidies. They are credits being purchased by other auto companies.

But again, not sure how this changes your position or mine. I believe the govt should invest in emerging technology. You don’t.

Regulatory credits are tax incentives are subsidies. But once again it only matters because you made the claim so go with it.

We don't have to funnel money to an egotistical billionaire to invest in this technology do we? Is that the only way to advance technology? No it isn't, the best way is to let industry innovate as the market dictates.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regulatory credits are tax incentives are subsidies. But once again it only matters because you made the claim so go with it.

We don't have to funnel money to an egotistical billionaire to invest in this technology do we? Is that the only way to advance technology? No it isn't, the best way is to let industry innovate as the market dictates.
Well, those are certainly all words.

I guess I’m glad that our govt had the foresight to invest in oil, highways, rail systems, medical research, space travel, early renewables research and the like.

You don’t need to be. There have always been people people against stuff like that.

Either way, enjoy the ride and when I get my next ride I’m very hopeful it’s a hybrid or full EV. I’ll gladly take you for a ride. But no smiling when my 6K LB sled does 0-60 in 4 seconds!

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, those are certainly all words.

I guess I’m glad that our govt had the foresight to invest in oil, highways, rail systems, medical research, space travel, early renewables research and the like.

You don’t need to be. There have always been people people against stuff like that.

Either way, enjoy the ride and when I get my next ride I’m very hopeful it’s a hybrid or full EV. I’ll gladly take you for a ride. But no smiling when my 6K LB sled does 0-60 in 4 seconds!

I would say ignorance is bliss but it sounds too mean at this point so, enjoy the ride.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going have to add a new EV section on TYF soon..

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But back on electric topic - do we not need to increase arable land with our huge population growth? Would we not terraform earth as space travelling pioneers if we found it today to maximize total crop return, and ensure lasting sustainability? Were not warm enough yet...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford F-150 Lightning;

Impressive features, I like the front trunk under the hood and the capability of powering your home in case of an outage. Could it have more range, sure, but demonstrates what’s possible and more range will come as sure as more memory is added to cell phones every year, same with all technology.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout