EGR Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navy34

Reaction score
Hey guys, do you know if theres any negative effects to removing the EGR system? I got a pair of headers that have AIR, but no EGR, so I was just going to leave it out. I know I'll get a cel, but I wasnt sure if there was any performance loss and/or potential damage to the engine...

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wont get any real performance gains with out the egr. youll need a tune in order to completly remove the egr system

OP
OP
navy34

navy34

Reaction score
Yeah, I was just wondering if there would be harm done without it, since the new headers dont have an egr port...

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
no harm, but "they" say you lose some mpgs or something. But i dont think its critical enough to worry about. it cleans up the engine bay tho!

smurphy80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do our trucks even have EGR? I put a set of long tubes on my truck (5.3) that have EGR, but the truck did not have provisions for it.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
Yes, generally the '99 - '02 models have EGR while '03 to present do not.

Anthony06

Reaction score
my 02 l59 does not have it but its the flex version of the lm7 in which my 01 has both the lm7and egr which im about to delete in about 10 min lol