efan problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, after much exhausting research I seem to have found my problem. There is a posting on performance trucks that describes my condition exactly. It seems to be something that only affects 2000-2001 trucks and may be something to do with the OS.

Jenna/Justin-take a look and tell me what you think. I don't know if this can be done or not. What's a 1mb PCM and can I upgrade? These guys were using HPT so I don't know how that varies from Efi Live, but it describes my condition exactly.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=465926&highlight=efan+running

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jenna, I got my new PCM. How do I perform the crank relearn? Is there a code reader I can buy to do this? truck won't start so I'm lost as far as having a dealer or shop perform this.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

nevermind. I got the crank relearn to work.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok sorry to revive an older thread but i need help. i got my truck tuned this past monday and had the efan pin 42 turned on. i installed my fans, harness and i get nothing on the right side fan. seems as though the green wire is not providing enough voltage to turn on the pass side fan with the ac. i know i have the right green wire because one did nothing, one runs all the time, so last green wire has to be ac clutch. is it supposed to turn on right away with the ac? does it take time to build voltage? what is going on? also the left fan only turned on once. hasnt turned back on again. truck got up to about 200 and nada! is this normal? i know the pin is in properly, i double checked it and it worked once. if i power the green wire the right fan comes on but not the left. i have an 01 suburban with 5.3 i need help guys i need to drive my truck by tomorrow after noon and dont want to be over heating!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah as simple as starting the car LOL

Ha ha ha!! It's all good, sometimes in the heat of an install the simple things get overlooked!! Glad I could help ya out!!

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

how did you fix it? This problem still exist for me so it's not old at all.

You can't get the A/C part of the fans to work either?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9