Ebrake adjustment making me feel like an idiot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...The issue comes when it's time to pull the rotors off for either a brake job or differential maintenance. That's a right pain in the ass after a rust ring develops on the inside of the hat and messes with the tolerances

Make sure to use plenty of anti-seize on the contact areas. that should help for the next time.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Gotcha, no problem.. can't hurt to coat the edge? I don't know since it's been a while since I've had drums on anything. Just needed a BFH and beat the hell out of it.

This is what I'm talking about

Rust ring on the inboard edge of the parking brake drum. The shoes keep their mating surface clean. But when anything not touching that inevitable corrodes, it changes the tolerances. That 1/8" ring won't clear the ebrake shoes and makes removal a ***** if your ebrake is adjusted very well. Most vehicles have an adjuster you can get to without taking the rotor off for this issue. Hence my surprise when I found these vehicles didn't have it

Can see here
KMhHuBI.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore