E85

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can do it that way instead of trying to find a station that offers lower percentage mixes. Thing is, what's listed at the pump will be the maximum ethanol percentage (E30 = maximum 30% ethanol). IIRC the actual ethanol percentage is usually less and is dependent on how they mix it.

EDIT: here in Colorado E85 is not generally available, and I've never seen Sunoco around here, nor a station that offers blends other than E10 and E85. Of course, the E85 mix could be E60. It is what it is.

You blind man! You can't drive past a station along I-25 from Pueblo north to Cheyenne without passing one. Get "Gas Buddy" for your phone. Prices are pretty low right now in the mile high city, under or around $2 a gallon. Must be a half dozen or more brands that carry it too.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aaah, that's the problem. No drive I-25. Too many drivers one **** over the line.... 'course they're all over this place. I think Hickenlooper (our former gov., heard his name?) must be smokin' it if he thinks he can be the Democrat nominee for President. Not far enough Left. But I digress.

Does the Gasbuddy app show E85 locations, then? Their web site doesn't. Now, we used to have a Western Convenience station in Parker and that still seems to show up on these E85 sites, but that was sold long ago to Phillips and they don't offer the E85. Another site shows some oil business office as having it, but there's no gas station in that office park. Hard to find reliable info on locations, confidence level is too low to get past the hassle.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aaah, that's the problem. No drive I-25. Too many drivers one **** over the line.... 'course they're all over this place. I think Hickenlooper (our former gov., heard his name?) must be smokin' it if he thinks he can be the Democrat nominee for President. Not far enough Left. But I digress.

Does the Gasbuddy app show E85 locations, then? Their web site doesn't. Now, we used to have a Western Convenience station in Parker and that still seems to show up on these E85 sites, but that was sold long ago to Phillips and they don't offer the E85. Another site shows some oil business office as having it, but there's no gas station in that office park. Hard to find reliable info on locations, confidence level is too low to get past the hassle.

Yes, the app shows the stations. Prices are reported by users and if nobody reports, the station will show up but there will be no pricing. You must have a hundred or more active stations selling E85 from $1.84 per gallon. Heard of Hickenlooper, he's a nut.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re in Denver there really aren’t a ton of places. There’s like 5 stations along i25, there’s a station in golden off i70 and 470 (the one I go to) or there’s one in Arvada which closes early and they lock the pumps.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My son just sent me a pic of an E85 test they use at their shop. Now all of you who want to know how much ethanol is in the gas you pump can test it in 5 minutes. Rev-X makes a couple different testers for ethanol / E85. Here's one:

@swathdiver