Dynamite Sound Deadening Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twentyfour

Reaction score
Did some research on the forum and was not able to find an answer to this question. I'm in the process of upgrading my door speakers on my 08 Tahoe and want to put some sound deadening and was wondering what the purpose of the white liner in the picture below and whether or not you all have kept it in place after applying the dynamat? If you did keep it in place or glue it back on, what kind of glue did you use?

IMG_7161.jpeg

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moisture barrier.

used to use something called dumdum to hold it on. it was these strips of black goo you put on the backside to stick it on the door..
Not sure if they still use that.

Anything that holds it in place should be ok.

OP
OP
T

twentyfour

Reaction score
moisture barrier.

used to use something called dumdum to hold it on. it was these strips of black goo you put on the backside to stick it on the door..
Not sure if they still use that.

Anything that holds it in place should be ok.
Thank you sir!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Moisture barrier, correct. It also keep the breeze that naturally flows through the door interior from coming out of the gaps in the door card. At lower temps you’ll know where the gaps are when 0* windchill is hitting your leg at highway speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts