Dying on idle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do hope it is ok now and not going to give you problems. Please do tell us if you find more info later that points to the original problem because that info is shared and used by all members here. I always like that I can pin point the exact problem and replace a part and know that I can drive my rig with confidence. In this case that may gnaw at you, I hope not though.
I am very leery of problems that “just go away”.

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
IT’s BACK........

After a while of solid driving with no issues my Yukon died again yesterday in a similar way to before.

Been driving around the mountains, filled him us with gas, drove on highway for 20mins, exited freeway and then died and no restart, lots of cranking but no start. Left him on the side of the road for 2hrs, returned and started first time!!!!!!

Interestingly, I have been freewheeling down the mountain recently and when I do this the fuel gauge drops to zero......I have to think this is connected to the same issue.

Should I start with changing the fuel filter (I can do that)or just go ahead and replace the fuel pump unless anyone has other suggestions?

BTW, any suggestions on what I should be paying for the pump job to be done? I would attempt myself but I have no way of getting the car up to access the tank

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At this point it would be less expensive, in the long run, to sell the rig and get a dependable NBS........just kidding but I hate intermittent problems. The newer the rig the more I seem to see them on 2007 and newer.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IT’s BACK........

After a while of solid driving with no issues my Yukon died again yesterday in a similar way to before.

Been driving around the mountains, filled him us with gas, drove on highway for 20mins, exited freeway and then died and no restart, lots of cranking but no start. Left him on the side of the road for 2hrs, returned and started first time!!!!!!

Interestingly, I have been freewheeling down the mountain recently and when I do this the fuel gauge drops to zero......I have to think this is connected to the same issue.

Going to replace the fuel pump unless anyone has other suggestions?

BTW, any suggestions on what I should be paying for that job to be done? I would attempt myself but I have no way of getting the car up to access the tank

The price would depend on the shop that fixes it. I am now assuming you don't already have a shop you take your rig to. The dealer will be expensive, with a capital "E". I have an independent shop that I personally know the 2 techs and they let me supply my own parts. This is if I don't do the job myself.

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
The price would depend on the shop that fixes it. I am now assuming you don't already have a shop you take your rig to. The dealer will be expensive, with a capital "E". I have an independent shop that I personally know the 2 techs and they let me supply my own parts. This is if I don't do the job myself.
I do have a pretty good Tech to take it to, they have done most of the minor work in the past

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts