DVD headrest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leonpiper69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my truck (07 Tahoe non-bose) didn't come with the dvd RSE. I want to add DVD for the kids and I have the cheesy dual monitors that strap to the headrest but am real sick of the wires. I was a spur of the moment thing for a road trip a couple years ago.

So at first I was thinking about trying to get a used dvd section and try to integrate it. My search-fu stinks but the best I can find is I would need to get the RSE head unit so I am looking at easier simpler options.

I stumbled across this

Install is super easy but I went googling for them and came across two options, either real GM which run about 1500-1850 a set (ouch) or aftermarket which is a whole lot more wallet friendly.

The ones in the video look nice but they don't look GM (a few clues in the video as well that they are not gm). But they look nice.

So my question is, has anyone here done aftermarket ones? do they match well? I really don't want something that looks cheap in the truck. The ones in the video say something across the top "Power ******th" but that is all I can make out.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize its a been a while since you posted this, but in case anyone else is wondering, those are Power Acoustik brand headrests.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with aftermarket (Audiovox) headrest and took them to my auto upholstery shop. They were able to match them pretty close to the factory leather seats. Under $100 at the time!

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with aftermarket (Audiovox) headrest and took them to my auto upholstery shop. They were able to match them pretty close to the factory leather seats. Under $100 at the time!
Which ones did you get? I'm actually looking to get a set as well.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts