DVD/CD stuck inside headunit, won't eject, lots of clicking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What models are you referring to? I was browsing Crutchfield and B&H Photo last night before my GF said, "hey dummy, lets go get drinks". The search for a new head-unit crashed to a halt at that point.
any of the pioneer avic wnex (wireless) are good, the higher end ones have nav built in, kenwood has some with wireless also.
unless you want a 8" or 10" floating screen without nav then I would stick with a double din
this is a good one has nav and dvd and will play movies off of sd cards or thumb drives and it has hdmi input so you can add things like a firestick or chromecast, etc.
but a w8400nex is essentially the same thing but will be a little less if you can find one, covid messed up supply chains so prices are up
there is w4500nex but the lower number do not have nav built in
you will also want something to integrate it like the oem one is the maestro RR is good you can find it for under $100 usually
and you will need adapters to make everything work those are probably another $150 if you shop ebay/amazon
I am poor but like good working stuff so I always shop the best price, it will take a little research to figure which adapters you need it depends on if you have the bose system or not and/or if you have rear entertainment, be sure to read the details on the adapters they made changes in 2010 and there is 2 different steering wheel button types.
you can run the configurator here.
(start at the bottom search by vehicle)

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any of the pioneer avic wnex (wireless) are good, the higher end ones have nav built in, kenwood has some with wireless also.
unless you want a 8" or 10" floating screen without nav then I would stick with a double din
this is a good one has nav and dvd and will play movies off of sd cards or thumb drives and it has hdmi input so you can add things like a firestick or chromecast, etc.
but a w8400nex is essentially the same thing but will be a little less if you can find one, covid messed up supply chains so prices are up
there is w4500nex but the lower number do not have nav built in
you will also want something to integrate it like the oem one is the maestro RR is good you can find it for under $100 usually
and you will need adapters to make everything work those are probably another $150 if you shop ebay/amazon
I am poor but like good working stuff so I always shop the best price, it will take a little research to figure which adapters you need it depends on if you have the bose system or not and/or if you have rear entertainment, be sure to read the details on the adapters they made changes in 2010 and there is 2 different steering wheel button types.
you can run the configurator here.
(start at the bottom search by vehicle)

Dang, I just looked those prices up, and they are too rich for my blood. I just need a way to play DVDs on the 2nd row screen.

I think I'll try to find an RCA cable (Audio L/R, and Video) to plug into the ports on the rear of the center console.

I do appreciate the suggestion, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout