Duramax on hold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s concerning. Definitely please tell us more.

My barebones LS diesel Suburban was just accepted last week (ordered in Jan) and now has a TPW of 5/16.

Sotrulylovely

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there! We too ordered the same car you did and still not accepted (accept it was for two months through calling GMC and then jt went to not accepted!).

SCMomentum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I am at the top of the list and they have allocations available. He is telling me the max tow has been on constraints for some time and thinks that will be the hold up. I may have to reconsider deleting that but I really wanted the two speed transfer case for pulling the boat out of the long steep ramps in Kentucky.
Just spoke with my dealer this evening. The max tow package appears to be the limiting factor. I ordered Premier Duramax with max tow on 1/28. Order accepted but nothing beyond that. Good thing I’m patient but this is ridiculous.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
Been waiting since sept 7th for Yukon duramax!! In two weeks my order turns into a 23 duramax‍♂️

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of 3.0 engines go to 1500 Silverado's and Sierras. They get the lion's share of demand. If you ordered a Dmax 1500 and a Tahoe at the same time, the 1500 would be filled far sooner.....

Wileybird03

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of 3.0 engines go to 1500 Silverado's and Sierras. They get the lion's share of demand. If you ordered a Dmax 1500 and a Tahoe at the same time, the 1500 would be filled far sooner.....
Gotcha. For the wife so it looks like I be waiting longer

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s concerning. Definitely please tell us more.

My barebones LS diesel Suburban was just accepted last week (ordered in Jan) and now has a TPW of 5/16.
Did yours get delivered? Mine had the same TPW and I took delivery 6/6.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did yours get delivered? Mine had the same TPW and I took delivery 6/6.

Unfortunately no, last time I checked it was sitting at 4300 status without a window sticker generated. I’m afraid it’s sitting in the dreaded Midlo lot and no ETA.

Glad you got yours, congrats! Where did you take delivery? I’m in northern CA.

crankin

Reaction score
So I placed my order 2/03. Got a call from my sales guy 2/10 and said that they could submit it that day if I removed the max tow package. I told him to move forward, and on 2/11 my order was accepted with a TPW of 3/21. The actual build didn’t happen until 4/06 with an estimate delivery date of 5/01 to the dealer.

Constraints are what they are right now. I don’t see the problem getting any better this year and maybe not until early 2024. So if I have to add an aftermarket trailer brake control to my rig so be it, but I didn’t want that to be the reason why my order didn’t go through. I think it is completely reasonable for GM to drop the diesel option in the future so I didn’t want to miss my opportunity.

I suspect that the max tow is holding up your order as long as your dealers has the allocation to place the order with GM- but your dealer should be able to provide you with those details, might need to push them. First question should be how many people are on the list before you. This should give you an idea of what the problem is- constraints or allocation.
hey quick question have you been doing any towing with it yet? How is towing with an aftermarket brake controller? Is the max tow required in your opinion?

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey quick question have you been doing any towing with it yet? How is towing with an aftermarket brake controller? Is the max tow required in your opinion?

I tow with a Curt echo controller and it is just fine. ~5,000 lbs total weight, open trailer with a car on it. Max tow doesn't change the rating on the diesel's, just adds the apps and built in brake controller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons