Duramax on hold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crankin

Reaction score
I tow with a Curt echo controller and it is just fine. ~5,000 lbs total weight, open trailer with a car on it. Max tow doesn't change the rating on the diesel's, just adds the apps and built in brake controller.
how is the rear sag with that weight? Did you order with the air suspension?

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow with a Curt echo controller and it is just fine. ~5,000 lbs total weight, open trailer with a car on it. Max tow doesn't change the rating on the diesel's, just adds the apps and built in brake controller.
Isn't the Max Tow also supposed to add a "enhanced cooling radiator"? Not sure if that was just on the V8s or the Duramax too.

crankin

Reaction score
Isn't the Max Tow also supposed to add a "enhanced cooling radiator"? Not sure if that was just on the V8s or the Duramax too.
on the 5.3 and the 6.2 yes it adds an additional transmission cooler. As far as I can find reading online the Duramax already comes with it. doesn't matter if it has tow package or not

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up on the Curt Echo. The rubber strap on mine broke on the first usage. Many have reported similar. Curt said they are working on a fix. They did recommend a zip tie or velcro in addition to the strap. Several have lost the unit while towing.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up on the Curt Echo. The rubber strap on mine broke on the first usage. Many have reported similar. Curt said they are working on a fix. They did recommend a zip tie or velcro in addition to the strap. Several have lost the unit while towing.

Thanks for the heads up, I've had mine for years with no problem.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how is the rear sag with that weight? Did you order with the air suspension?

It's not too bad, I have roughly 400 lbs. tongue weight (mid engine car makes it hard to get more without backing it on). I don't put much payload in the trunk, as I add it to the frunk on the race car for more tongue weight.

I would always recommend air ride when towing with this new T1 trucks, but it requires max tow and 22" wheels at a minimum (so ~$3,500 total)...additionally with constraints, it makes it near impossible to find.

For my personal use, I didn't really miss it for the 6-8 weekends a year I tow. If I was doing a travel trailer or heavier loads, I would probably hold out for air ride/max tow.

SCMomentum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just received this today (8/13/22) from my dealer. I can’t believe this to be true.

“Since the pandemic the amount of people that want to work in this country has plummeted and the factories across the nation are struggling to bring the employees back. That being said the plant that produces the 3lt Duramax motor is not operational currently without any ETA of re-opening.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33