Duracell versus Northstar AGM batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The time has come to think of new batteries for Lola. When I bought thecopcar, it already had a pair of matched AGM batteries, so I’m leaning that direction.

does anyone have experience with the Duracell or Northstar labels? Thecopcar has Autocraft (Johnson Controls).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
costco sell's the interstate, both standard and agm for a reasonable price, can't comment on the other brands no experience with them, the odyssey's are good when they work.

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good idea for Costco. Looks like a good price. Downside, they won’t ship, and the local store doesn’t have them. Grrr

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good idea for Costco. Looks like a good price. Downside, they won’t ship, and the local store doesn’t have them. Grrr
did you call and ask them if they have them in stock? I am sure they could order them for you or check the interstate battery website it says local delivery, not sure if you would get the costco price though.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just because I have a friend that is a very close buddy of the local Interstate Battery distributor, I get a great price through him. I am getting a new Interstate AGM after the 1st of the year. I have used Interstate for gobs of years with no problems, in my motorcycles and my vehicles.

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Digging a bit further, it appears for the AGMs at least, almost all them are made by East Penn, Northstar or Johnson. Even the interstate brand.

I did find a matched pair for a pretty good price at Walmart. Made by Johnson.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I was advised by a retired battery engineer that all the name brand AGM are pretty good, with the difference in materials or construction being inscrutable to the consumer. He recommended buying on the basis of price/warranty in other words how much $ per year of warranty as a basis to make a selection.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Duracell AGM battery. Bought at Sams Club. I like Costco better overall, but when it comes to batteries, Sams Club only requires you to have the original receipt vs. the original buyer to be there for warranty exchange. Unless that rule changed?

all AGM batteries are good... not like the old flooded battery days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B