Dual Battery Setup using OEM parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Californian

Reaction score
thanks for the wrieup. I have a 2018 tahoe and i am planning on doing a dual battery setup also. This helped me map out the layout, but I think im making my own since I plan on running 1/0 cable to both with a bigger alt upgrade. I think I will just run parallel with a relay for an isolater when needed. I am also trying to figure out how to get a H7 into the driver side tray so I have matching batteries. anyone able to pull that off yet?

bad_idea

Reaction score
Thank you so much for documenting all of this information guys. I went to Windrock this weekend (Yukon XL tow rig, XJ for the trails), and left the Yukon sitting for the four day weekend. I kept the luggage in the back of the Yukon and was in and out of it all weekend. Went to start it up yesterday and the battery was dead. Had to jump start it.

Will be installing a second battery soon enough.

Rubicon26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick question, the #9 on my ppv feels like it is getting hot and losing power, the lights are going dim and then eventually off, can it be bypassed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518