Dual Battery Kit for 2021 Tahoe/Suburban diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peteg5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know if you are able to get an OEM Dual Battery Kit anywhere? Would be for 2021 Diesel Suburban. I do know they have these for the 2021 police PPV Tahoe but still can't find a kit for sale. Also, it's possible the PPV dual battery kit wouldn't fit mine because of the Diesel, and all the PPV's look to be gas engines. So maybe engine bay configuration is different.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mini Duramax does not need a duel battery system and a single healthy battery has plenty of juice for such a small diesel. Just wondering what are you running or installing that demands so much reserve amp capacity?

OP
OP
P

Peteg5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An aftermarket sound system and future large inverter

Stereopal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you purchased the kit ?

Do you know the location for

the 2nd battery?

OP
OP
P

Peteg5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From my current research, for the diesel, there is no 2nd battery kit made for the 2021 Suburban or Tahoe. In theory, the "close to OEM" would be to buy the dual battery kit from the PPV version which from what I understand would be a wiring harness that would go from the engine bay back to the rear cargo area and the 2nd battery would be located back there behind the side trim.

Tenscourts

Reaction score
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have a 2022 6.2 Z71 on order and I really want to add the PPV Dual setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33

Latest posts